We always look forward to the end of the year and the holiday season because we get to see how creative our peers in the email industry can be with their holiday themed emails. (Want to see ours? Check it out here, and stick around for the blooper reel!)
Here are 3 emails that stood out in the inbox this holiday season:
1. “Making a List, Checking it Twice” by Movable Ink
Movable Ink’s email message scores on all counts, blending charity and cheer in a way that also drives reader interaction and deftly highlights the email-marketing agency’s capabilities without over-selling:
- Clicking the “Click to Tweet” button generates a $1 gift to Meals on Wheels. Watch the donation grow every time we open the email.
- A real-time poll lets you pick your holiday plans and refreshes the results every time you open the email. (No, you’re not the only one who’s staying home for the holidays.)
- A dynamic copy block displays the live five-day weather forecast for your city. (More rain?!)
- The group photo: we love seeing everyone who makes the magic happen.
Any one of these would have made the message memorable, but all four make it awesome!
2. “Happy Holidays from Overit – Enjoy Our Video” by Overit
Normally, we like emails that deliver their important content within the message. However, the video at the center of this charming greeting from Overit is well worth that extra click. (Try it for yourself!)
In addition to their entertaining video, Overit’s email was designed to look as good on a desktop as it does on mobile. That’s not backward thinking, by the way – with more than 50 percent of emails being opened on mobile now, it’s just good design practice to think mobile-first.
3. “Do you know anyone who has been naughty NOT nice this year? Try some #SantaBanter!” by Phrasee
Call this one “Cards Against Humanity: the holiday version.” Phrasee creates a personalized Christmas story that you probably won’t be reading to your kids by the warm glow of the Christmas-tree lights. Ready for a laugh? Create your own story here.
Yep, it’s downright edgy, but so is Phrasee’s brand voice in its regular email newsletters which uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to create winning email subject lines. We won’t send our little stories to our moms, but we can’t say the same about sending to our friends.
Check out some of our other favorite seasonal greetings on our virtual fireplace mantel (aka our dedicated Pinterest board.)
Did you receive any fun holiday emails? Share them with us @FreshAddress!