THAT’S RIGHT – WE JUST PROCESSED OUR 10-BILLIONTH EMAIL ADDRESS!
10 billion email processed is a mind-boggling number. Imagine if it took us 1 second to determine whether each email address is not just valid but safe and not problematic, like a role account or a spamtrap. It would take 300 years to process 10 billion addresses! (Good thing we we can process thousands/hundreds of emails in just the blink of an eye.)
Here are a few more ways to put 10 billion into perspective:
- If each email address were worth $1, it wouldn’t be nearly as large as the U.S. debt (that’s up in the trillions). But it’s about equal to the money the U.S. spends annually to belong to the United Nations.
- Suppose each email address equaled 1 foot. If you laid them end to end, you could circle the earth 76 times. That little trip would take you 212 days, flying at the current record of 67 hours to circle the earth, or 7 months, without a stop to refuel.
10 Billion is More than Just a Milestone
As impressive as 10 billion email addresses processed can be, it’s more than a milestone to us. It’s meaningful because it represents gains made on behalf of our customers:
- Added protection through SafeToSend+: That 10 billion includes email addresses processed through SafeToSend+, our always-on protection service that automatically alerts a customer when an address processed through SafeToSend goes from “safe” to “get rid of it!”
- Partnerships with leading service providers: Marketers who use ESPs like Mailchimp, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Oracle/Responsys, SendGrid and Oracle/Bronto have one less headache to deal with because SafeToSend is now integrated into those email platforms.
- Regular updates to stay ahead of the curve: Everything we’ve learned from 10 billion email addresses has gone into making our services more useful to our customers. SafeToSend is updated regularly to provide more granular reporting on toxic addresses, expanded project reports, more customization options for real-time processing, and support for customer-specific suppressions and exceptions.
We’re already working on the next 10 billion email addresses
For all of us at FreshAddress, the 10-billion email milestone isn’t just the number on the counter on our homepage. It represents all of our work to help more than 2,000 clients, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies and leading nonprofits, use email more effectively.
We are doing our part to ensure email’s continued viability as a reliable and cost-effective marketing channel and invite you to check out our services to see how all the knowledge we’ve gained in our first 10 billion emails processed can help you use email more confidently.