Email Change of Address (ECOA) Overview
You have a large database of customer email addresses. Many of the emails are non-responsive and at least 30% are lost each year to normal attrition.
FreshAddress’s U.S.-patented Email Change of Address (ECOA) technology keeps your email lists healthy by identifying and updating bouncing and inactive email addresses with active, engaged ones.
Updating bouncing and inactive email addresses can empower you to:
- Reconnect with lost customers
- Maximize campaign deliverability
- Reduce marketing costs associated with bouncing emails
- Avoid ISP blacklisting
The ASPCA found FreshAddress’s ECOA service indispensable and crucial for communicating with lost members, re-engaging them to the mission and creating a profitable fundraising outcome.
Debbie Swider, eMarketing Senior Manager, ASPCA
Send your bouncing or inactive customer email file to FreshAddress. After we receive your data, we…
- Clean your list using SafeToSend® to identify and update typos, formatting problems, syntax errors, dead domains, FCC-mandated wireless blocks, and records on the DMA’s “Do Not Email” list. Where possible, we also flag fictitious and malicious emails.
- Match your cleaned list against our proprietary, opted-in change-pair database (122+MM) and those of our carefully vetted partners.
- Analyze the raw matches and weed out any emails that are not SafeToSend.
- Send a branded “permission message” to the updated email addresses to confirm deliverability and drive opt-ins.
- Clean again based on our most current knowledgebase of damaging (but deliverable) addresses to ensure your results are SafeToSend.
We return an updated file with 100% guaranteed deliverable email addresses for 15+% of your list.
FreshAddress is the only legitimate ECOA provider. Where’s the evidence? Check out what we have to offer:
- US Patent Holder – We are the original developer and U.S. patent holder of Email Change of Address (ECOA) technology. Our methodologies are now protected by five patents.
- A True ECOA Service. – In 1998, we acquired from ReturnPath the only other legally operating consumer service for people who changed their email address. This combined opt-in email change directory is the foundation of our process and the pre-requisite for a true ECOA service.
- Reliable Sources – The quality of your addresses is as important as the quantity. By matching your file against our proprietary opt-in database of over 121MM changed emails and those of our data partners, we can provide the best of both worlds: 100% guaranteed deliverable email addresses for up to 15+% of your list. With quarterly processing, you can double these results in the first year.
- Opt-in Permission Message – We take pride in leading the industry’s evolution toward opt-in messaging as we continue to raise the standards of excellence in email database services. Opt-in messages grants you deeper insights into your most engaged customers while reducing complaint and unsubscribe rates.
- Worry-free Hygiene – Forget about high bounce rates, blocking, and blacklisting. Our powerful SafeToSend® technology keeps undeliverable and toxic addresses out of your matched addresses.
- Best Practices – From CAN-SPAM compliance to using the most precise database matching, everything is done by the book and to the highest standards.
- Trusted Email Address Experts – Our clients’ glowing reviews speak for our integrity and industry-leading know-how.
- A Square Deal – We’ll credit you for any undeliverable email addresses in your results.
Reconnect with your customers. Maximize email deliverability. Increase sales. And protect your reputation as an ethical email marketer. You can do it all with FreshAddress’s Email Change of Address Service.
With our flexible implementation options, any company or organization can maximize their marketing ROI with our patented ECOA processing.
PERMISSION MESSAGE OPTIONS
- Client Managed – After ECOA processing, FreshAddress will clean your list with SafeToSend® and return your matched results for messaging on your preferred platform. Choose this option for quicker turnaround, simpler processing, and greater control over your welcome messages.
- FreshAddress Managed – After ECOA processing, applying your designated suppressions, and working with you to customize your creative, FreshAddress will manage permission deployments. Upon completion of the project, you will receive three lists: opt-ins, opt-outs/unsubscribes, and non-responders. Choose this option for an end-to-end list growth solution.